Digital Archive of Huhugam Archaeology (DAHA)
The Digital Archive of Huhugam Archaeology contains over 1,200 digital datasets, documents, reports and images focused on the ancient Huhugam (1500 B.C. – 1450 A.D.) of the southwestern U.S. These files are primarily “grey literature,” that is, unpublished reports and data sets that would otherwise be difficult to obtain.
By creating this collection, we hope this comprehensive archive will:
- Transform scholars’ ability to answer questions about Huhugam society and will provide crucial long-term data for comparative studies.
- Give Indigenous communities access to a wealth of archaeological research on ancestral populations.
- Allow the general public to obtain information about this fascinating ancient culture by directly accessing the digital archive.
Archive development is guided by a crowd-sourced survey and workshops designed to understand the needs of diverse users. The archive will be curated by tDAR, an established digital repository that provides free Web discovery and access to its holdings and pursues a robust program of digital data preservation.
To find out more about using the collection, please visit the DAHA project website at www.daha.tdar.org
Site Type Keywords
Domestic Structure or Architectural Complex • Resource Extraction / Production / Transportation Structure or Features • Funerary and Burial Structures or Features • Settlements • Domestic Structures • Non-Domestic Structures • Hamlet / Village • Agricultural or Herding • Pit House / Earth Lodge • Room Block / Compound / Pueblo
Site Evaluation / Testing • Data Recovery / Excavation • Bioarchaeological Research • Ground Disturbance Monitoring • Archaeological Overview • Methodology, Theory, or Synthesis • Collections Research • Research Design / Data Recovery Plan • Systematic Survey • Heritage Management
Hohokam pre-Classic period • Hohokam Colonial period • Hohokam Sedentary period • Hohokam Classic period • Hohokam Early Classic period • Protohistoric • Hohokam Late Classic period • Historic
United States of America (Country) • North America (Continent) • Arizona (State / Territory) • Maricopa County (County) • US (ISO Country Code) • USA (Country) • Arizona • Phoenix Basin • Lower Salt River • Phoenix
Resources Inside This Collection (Viewing 1-13 of 13)
There are 13 Projects within this Collection [remove this filter]
- Pueblo Grande (AZ U:9:1(ASM)): Unit 08, Pueblo Grande Cultural Park: Soil Systems, Inc. Pueblo Grande Museum Expansion Data Recovery Project
- Pueblo Grande (AZ U:9:1(ASM)): Unit 11, Van Buren and 44th Streets: Soil Systems, Inc. DMB Property Testing and Data Recovery
- Pueblo Grande (AZ U:9:1(ASM)): Unit 12, Gateway and 44th Streets: Kitchell Development Testing Project
- Pueblo Grande (AZ U:9:1(ASM)): Unit 13, Northeast Corner of Van Buren and 44th Streets: Soil Systems, Inc. AZ Federal Credit Union Testing and Data Recovery Project
- Pueblo Grande (AZ U:9:1(ASM)): Unit 13, Northeast Corner of Van Buren and 44th Streets: Soil Systems, Inc. DMB Utility Trench Monitoring
- Pueblo Grande (AZ U:9:1(ASM)): Unit 14, Washington Park Development and Ruby Tuesdays: Soil Systems, Inc. Sun America Data Recovery and Burial Removal
- Pueblo Grande (AZ U:9:1(ASM)): Unit 15, Washington and 48th Streets: Soil Systems, Inc. Kitchell Development Testing and Data Recovery (The Former Maricopa County Sheriff's Substation)
- Pueblo Grande (AZ U:9:1(ASM)): Unit 15, Washington and 48th Streets: Soil Systems, Inc. Lauth Property Group Data Recovery Project