Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties, Archeological Site Survey, Basic Data Report for Site 18CH220, BPI_0079
Part of the Blossom Point Project Page (DRAFT) project
Author(s): Maryland Historical Trust
This report is a Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties Archeological Site Survey, Basic Data Report for the site T8, 18CH220. This site is located on Cedar Point Neck 200m northeast of a Radio Tower, 2 miles northeast of the end of Blossom Point. It lies in a grassy area. The site was discovered by trenching associated with the placement of a utility line. No structural or other features were noted, the site being characterized by a highly disturbed diffuse scatter of metal, brick, glass, ceramic, and shell fragments.
This scatter of historic artifacts was discovered when a trench was dug to lay a utility line. Metal fragments including a pair of tongs, chain, and square nails, glass fragments, porcelain sherds, gray, white, and burgundy stoneware container fragments, and brick fragments were noted. Artifacts suggest a Late 19th to Early 20th century occupation. The scatter probably represents the disturbed remains of a dump or former house or outbuilding. It has been indicated that this site was a farm house and tobacco bam owned by George Sprigs and John Bowman.
Cite this Record
Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties, Archeological Site Survey, Basic Data Report for Site 18CH220, BPI_0079. Maryland Historical Trust. 1980 ( tDAR id: 439125) ; doi:10.6067/XCV8439125
Calendar Date: 1861 to 1930
min long: -79.514; min lat: 38.281 ; max long: -76.838; max lat: 39.749 ;
Individual & Institutional Roles
Landowner(s): Harry Diamond Laboratories, Adelphi, MD
Repository(s): Adelphi Laboratory
Prepared By(s): Geo-Recon International, Ltd.
|Name||Size||Creation Date||Date Uploaded||Access|
|BPI_0079_ArcheologicalSiteSurveyBasicDataReport18CH220_1980_OC...||2.62mb||Oct 19, 2017 12:01:34 PM||Confidential|