Barracks (Other Keyword)

1-13 (13 Records)

Archeological Investigations Related to Fort Larned NHS Refrigerant Line Replacement and Officers' Cellars Stabilization (1998)
DOCUMENT Full-Text Douglas D. Scott.

Archeological testing and mitigation was performed for two projects at Fort Larned National Historic Site. The first project consisted of relocating a buried air conditioner refrigerant line that passed through the 1860 adobe Commissary Storehouse and Enlistedmens' Barracks (HSll) and near a feature (Feature 17) previously identified by Earl Monger as a possible privy pit. The second project entailed testing in cellars located under the Officers Quarters (north cellar, HS7 and north and south...


Architectural and Historic Evaluations of WorldWar II-Era Facilities, Castle Air Force Base, Merced County, California (1994)
DOCUMENT Citation Only Earth Tech.

This resource is a citation record only, the Center for Digital Antiquity does not have a copy of this document. The information in this record has been migrated into tDAR from the National Archaeological Database Reports Module (NADB-R) and updated. Most NADB-R records consist of a document citation and other metadata but do not have the documents themselves uploaded. If you have a digital copy of the document and would like to have it curated in tDAR, please contact us at comments@tdar.org.


Cultural Resources Investigations at the Fort Polk Military Reservation, Vernon, Sabine, and Natchitoches Parishes, Louisiana (1982)
DOCUMENT Citation Only Prentice M. Thomas, Jr.. Steven Shelley. L. Janice Campbell. Mark T. Swanson. Carol S. Weed. John P. Lenzer.

This resource is a citation record only, the Center for Digital Antiquity does not have a copy of this document. The information in this record has been migrated into tDAR from the National Archaeological Database Reports Module (NADB-R) and updated. Most NADB-R records consist of a document citation and other metadata but do not have the documents themselves uploaded. If you have a digital copy of the document and would like to have it curated in tDAR, please contact us at comments@tdar.org.


Excavation Photos from Fort Louis at the Old Mobile site (1MB94), Mobile County, Alabama. (2007)
IMAGE Gregory Waselkov. Bonnie L. Gums.

Excavation photos from Fort Louis at the Old Mobile site (1MB94).


Excavations at Fort Stevenson, 1951 (1951)
DOCUMENT Full-Text G. Hubert Smith.

The investigation and analysis of the archives of Fort Stevenson are part of studies now under way pertaining to the new reservoir area, which have as an objective the proper recognition of historical values and their conservation. For this, by Act of Congress, the National Park Service of the United States is responsible. These historic resources, for the areas in which the various federal agencies are at work, are similar in importance to prehistoric and paleontological sites for which the...


Field Specimen Catalog for Fort Louis, Old Mobile (1MB94), Mobile County, Alabama. (2010)
DATASET Gregory Waselkov. Bonnie L. Gums.

Field Specimen Catalog for Fort Louis, Old Mobile Site (1MB94).


Field Specimen Catalog for Structure 32, Old Mobile (1MB94), Mobile County, Alabama. (2007)
DATASET Gregory Waselkov. Bonnie L. Gums.

Field Specimen Catalog for Structure 32, Old Mobile (1MB94).


General Excavation Photos from Structure 32 at the Old Mobile site (1MB94), Mobile County, Alabama. (2007)
IMAGE Gregory Waselkov.

Excavation photos from Structure 32 at the Old Mobile site (1MB94).


Historic Property Survey, Fort Devens, MA 01433 (1978)
DOCUMENT Citation Only George C. Shott, Jr..

This resource is a citation record only, the Center for Digital Antiquity does not have a copy of this document. The information in this record has been migrated into tDAR from the National Archaeological Database Reports Module (NADB-R) and updated. Most NADB-R records consist of a document citation and other metadata but do not have the documents themselves uploaded. If you have a digital copy of the document and would like to have it curated in tDAR, please contact us at comments@tdar.org.


"…in a shanty I have constructed of planks, logs, and sand:" Final Interpretations for the "Peace-ful" Investigations of Temporary Civil War Barracks at Brunswick Town/Fort Anderson State Historic Site (2016)
DOCUMENT Citation Only Vincent H. Melomo. Thomas E. Beaman. Jr..

Constructed in 1862 over the ruins of the Colonial port of Brunswick, Fort Anderson was part of the Confederate coastal defense network designed to protect Wilmington, North Carolina.  Early archaeological work in the 1950s documented the presence of Civil War-era chimney falls comprised of recycled colonial bricks and ballast stones in an undeveloped, wooded area of the public historic site.  Archaeological investigations undertaken within this area by the 2009 and 2011 William Peace University...


Narrative Report: Fort Frederick State Park #1, Big Pool, Maryland (1934)
DOCUMENT Citation Only Geo. L. Schindel.

This resource is a citation record only, the Center for Digital Antiquity does not have a copy of this document. The information in this record has been migrated into tDAR from the National Archaeological Database Reports Module (NADB-R) and updated. Most NADB-R records consist of a document citation and other metadata but do not have the documents themselves uploaded. If you have a digital copy of the document and would like to have it curated in tDAR, please contact us at comments@tdar.org.


Old Mobile (1MB94) Fort Louis, Mobile County, Alabama.
PROJECT Gregory Waselkov.

After an intensive remote sensing effort in 2005 failed to identify remains of Fort Louis at the Old Mobile site (1MB94), a large pit feature associated with one of the fort's bastions was found in that search area by hand excavation. This feature and adjacent units were excavated in 2007-2010.


Old Mobile (1MB94) Structure 32, Mobile County, Alabama.
PROJECT Gregory Waselkov.

Structure 32 at the Old Mobile site (1MB94) was excavated intermittently between 1996 and 2003, with the entire building plan finally exposed and excavated in 2007. This was a very long pieux-en-terre building, with subsurface wall trenches preserved below plowzone. Built in two nearly identical stages, the final stage of occupation formed a duplex, with an additional wall trench off the southeast wall that probably served as hearth and bread oven platform. The first construction phase consisted...