Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties, Archeological Site Survey, Basic Data Report for Site 18CH217, BPI_0077
Part of the Blossom Point Project Page (DRAFT) project
Author(s): Maryland Historical Trust
This report is a Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties Archeological Site Survey, Basic Data Report for the site T7, 18CH217. This site is located on the north bank of the Potomac River, 900m east of Upper Cedar Point. The house was intentionally burned and knocked down post 1976, and the bricks conveyed to a nearby resident. The area surrounding the house has been frequently disced and leveled as part of the preparation and maintenance of the impact zone.
This locale is the former site of a brick house, once the main structure on Cedar Point Farm. This structure, which was still standing in 1976, was subsequently intentionally burned, knocked down, and the bricks conveyed to a nearby resident. All that remains today is a depression representing the site of the former basement and some brick rubble. This home was a two-story structure that was probably constructed in the early 1800s. Associated with the structure were 2 bams, a storage shed, and one tenant house. Facility employees have indicated that they thought a well existed near the house, but that it had been filled in for some time. The house is indicated on maps produced as early as 1862 (U.S. Coast Survey Field Sheet T-862).
Cite this Record
Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties, Archeological Site Survey, Basic Data Report for Site 18CH217, BPI_0077. Maryland Historical Trust. 1980 ( tDAR id: 439123) ; doi:10.6067/XCV8439123
min long: -79.514; min lat: 38.281 ; max long: -76.838; max lat: 39.749 ;
Individual & Institutional Roles
Landowner(s): Harry Diamond Laboratories, Adelphi, MD
Repository(s): Adelphi Laboratory
Prepared By(s): Geo-Recon International, Ltd.
|Name||Size||Creation Date||Date Uploaded||Access|
|BPI_0077_ArcheologicalSiteSurveyBasicDataReport18CH217_1980_OC...||2.58mb||Oct 19, 2017 12:00:45 PM||Confidential|