Documentary History Copies, Collected Historical Documents, 2000.027_0250

Part of the MAC Lab project page (DRAFT) project

Author(s): Nicholas B. Sceetz

Year: 1980


Enclosed in this file is the shelf list of Jesuit archive holdings under Blossom Point and Cedar Point Neck headings. These documents include an updated description of Cedar Point Neck Estate Post Antebellum; a collection of 1649 Early Blossom Point Patents; a reverse copy of Griffin Map 1712; a 1718 lease between William Hunter and John Suttles; a 1721 lease between William Hunter and John Copshaw; a reverse copy of a 1700's McCan map; minutes and resolutions from the early 1800's; a list of tenants at Blossom Point not reported in 1841; notes on the condition of Jesuit farms including Cedar Point Neck dated 1842; 1852 memorandum discussing repairs on Ballast House; 1855 discussion about impact of railroad; 1872 description of Cedar Point Neck; correspondence regarding a petition for a steamboat wharf at Blossom Point, 1878; 1890 description of farms on Blossom Point; 1904-1906 farm improvement lists; 1905 copy of earlier records regarding a property dispute; and 1906 estimate for changing the mill at old chapel point into a tobacco barn. Copies were requested from the Maryland Province Archives.

Cite this Record

Documentary History Copies, Collected Historical Documents, 2000.027_0250. Nicholas B. Sceetz. 1980 ( tDAR id: 445938) ; doi:10.6067/XCV8445938


Investigation Types
Heritage Management

Collections Management

Geographic Keywords
Maryland (State / Territory)

Spatial Coverage

min long: -79.387; min lat: 38.165 ; max long: -76.355; max lat: 39.749 ;

File Information

  Name Size Creation Date Date Uploaded Access
2000.027_0250_DocumentaryHistoryCopies_1649-1906_OCR.pdf 86.48mb Jan 4, 2019 11:12:13 AM Confidential

Accessing Restricted Files

At least one of the files for this resource is restricted from public view. For more information regarding access to these files, please reference the contact information below

Contact(s): US Army Corps of Engineers Mandatory Center of Expertise for the Curation and Management of Archaeological Collections, St. Louis District