Pre-Excavation Plans and Sketches, 1983 and 2014
Part of the Atari Dump Site (Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA) project
Author(s): Joe Lewandowski
This pre-excavation file contains the following, created/assembled by Joe Lewandowski, Tularosa Basin Historical Society:
1. 1983 color photo of the Atari deposit hand-marked in 2014 with presumed stratigraphic layers.
2. 2014 color sketch of the possible stratigraphy of the landfill cell containing the Atari deposit.
3. 1983 color photo of cement slurry being poured over the Atari deposit.
4. 1983 b/w photo of the Atari deposit.
5. 2014 satellite image from Google Earth of the Alamogordo city landfill, hand-marked in color to indicate likely positions for crowd control, excavation support, excavation site, evacuation point, access control points, mobile bathrooms ("Porta Pots"), water truck, first aid, offices, and public viewing area.
Cite this Record
Pre-Excavation Plans and Sketches, 1983 and 2014. Joe Lewandowski. 2014 ( tDAR id: 459207) ; doi:10.48512/XCV8459207
This Resource is Part of the Following Collections
Atari Dump Site
Calendar Date: 1983 to 1983 (Year of deposit by Atari, Inc.)
min long: -105.984; min lat: 32.879 ; max long: -105.957; max lat: 32.903 ;
Individual & Institutional Roles
Field Director(s): Richard Rothaus
Lab Director(s): Raiford Guins
Principal Investigator(s): Joe Lewandowski
Project Director(s): Andrew Reinhard
Sponsor(s): Zak Penn
Rights & Attribution: All content provided on tDAR was used by permission of all associated with the project and is hereby committed to the public domain (CC0).
|Name||Size||Creation Date||Date Uploaded||Access|
|Lewendowski-Sketches-and-Plans.pdf||7.25mb||Mar 31, 2014||Apr 15, 2021 7:02:51 AM||Public|
|PDF of pre-excavation sketches and plans by Joe Lewandowski (Tularosa Basin Historical Society) based on 1983 photography of the Atari deposit landfill cell, Alamogordo, NM.|