Historic Church / Religious Structure (Site Type Keyword)
Parent: Church / Religious Structure
Remains of a historic building or location designed for public religious services.
1-25 (78 Records)
The Santa Cruz River is located in south-central Arizona in the Santa Cruz and Pima Counties. A short stretch of the rivers lies in northern Sonora and forms a big horseshoe bend as the river cuts across the foot of the Patagonia Mountains from the San Rafael Valley into the Santa Cruz Valley proper. In the San Rafael Valley, where the headwaters of the river are found, the Santa Cruz passes few towns or villages. The first one is Lochiel, a small cluster of houses on the International...
Artifact Inventory, 17 Archaeological Surveys at Forestry Activity Areas, Fort A.P. Hill (2010)
The artifact inventory for the Semi-annual Technical Report 17 Archaeological Surveys at Forestry Activity Areas Fort A.P. Hill, Caroline County, Virginia.
Artifact Photographs, Liberty Chapel, Fort Lee (2009)
This resource page contains color photographs of artifacts from the Liberty Chapel site located at Fort Lee, Virginia.
Brant House Excavation Field Map (1984)
This is the Brant House Excavation Field Map.
Brant House Feature Forms (1985)
This is the Brant House Feature Forms for the Indian Castle site excavations of 1984-1985.
Cincelli Ceramics: Photographs (2011)
These images show the individual sherds from Cincelli, Italy analyzed by neutron activation at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL). Photographs were taken at LBNL and scanned by the Archaeometry Laboratory at MURR. Individual files were named according to the official catalog numbers of each image assigned by the Graphic Arts Department at LBNL.
The Colonial Transformation of Mohawk Iroquois Society (1986)
This is David Guldenzopf dissertation (1986) about the Colonial Transformation of Mohawk Iroquois Society.
Cultural Resources Survey of the Sea Island Healthcare Tract (2006)
In March 2005, Brockington and Associates, Inc., conducted an intensive cultural resources survey of the 36-acre Sea Island Healthcare Tract, located south of Fenwick Crossroads on Johns Island, Charleston County, South Carolina. The tract lies between Angel Oak Road, Maybank Highway (SC Route 700), and Bohicket Road.
Curation Request Form (1984)
This is a curation request form from Dr. Dean Snow to the New York State Museum about the Mohawk Valley Project.
Curation Request Form
This is the curation request form for the Jackson-Everson site.
Edited Socci Catalog (1984)
This is an edited version of the Socci catalog.
Email Correspondence (2001)
This document has an email from Dean Snow to Charles Welden. The second email is from Charles Welden to Dean Snow. This is a communication about why the collection is not at the New York State Museum.
The Enshrining of Fort Ste. Anne: Forgotten Memories and Selective Reconstruction of Vermont's Earliest European Occupation Site (2008)
This article in the Society for American Archaeology's (SAA) publication The SAA Archaeological Record recounts the excavations of a Historic period fort built by the French in 1666 on Isle La Motte, Vermont, an island on the northern edge of Lake Champlain. The fort was partially excavated in the early 1900's and a small, Catholic shrine to fur traders was built from building material and artifacts. This piece is a reflection on the construction of memory and identity through connections to...
This is a map of the excavated squares during the 1983 excavation at the Jackson-Everson site.
Excavation Photographs, Liberty Chapel, Fort Lee (1 of 4) (2009)
This resource page contains survey photographs of the excavation of Liberty Chapel located at Fort Lee, Virginia.
Excavation Photographs, Liberty Chapel, Fort Lee (2 of 4) (2009)
This resource page contains both black and white and color photographs of excavations conducted at the Liberty Chapel site located at Fort Lee, Virginia.
Excavation Photographs, Liberty Chapel, Fort Lee (3 of 4) (2009)
This resource page contains excavation photographs from the Liberty Chapel site located at Fort Lee, Virginia. Included are several black and white duplicates.
Excavation Photographs, Liberty Chapel, Fort Lee (4 of 4) (2009)
This resource contains general survey and excavation photographs of the Liberty Chapel site located at Fort Lee, Virginia.
Faunal Catalog (1984)
This is the faunal catalog from the Indian Castle excavations from 1984-85.
This is the report on the analysis of the faunal remains found during the 1983 excavation of the Jackson-Everson site.
This is a map of the grid of the Jackson-Everson site.
Historic Data Inventory of the Shasta County Interlakes Special Recreation Management Area (1995)
In 1994, the author was contracted by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to complete a historical (pre-1945) assessment of the Interlakes Special Recreation Management Area of western Shasta county, California. This rugged mountainous zone is located between the communities of French Gulch on the west and Shasta Lake city (Central Valley -summit City) on the east. The Sacramento River and Clear Creek are the principal drainages and the Klamath Mountain ranges in the locality have had both a...
Historic Features, Liberty Chapel, Fort Lee (2009)
This resource contains photographs of historic bricks and grave markers from the Liberty Chapel site located at Fort Lee, Virginia.
Historic Resources Inventory and Report of Tombstone, Arizona (1996)
Four sets of mountains can be seen from Tombstone; the Dragoon Mountains to the northeast, the Mule Mountains to the southeast, the Huachucas to the southwest and Whetstones to the northwest. From these mountains, rivulets form an alluvial plain and feed into the San Pedro River. The San Pedro originates in Sonora, Mexico from a point, Casa de San Pedro, in the Sierra Madre Occidental. The river then flows north to feed the Gila which in tum joins the Colorado at Yuma Crossing; the Colorado then...
Indian Castle is located in the town of Danube. Danube is in the New York county of Herkimer. This site occupies a large area on the south bank of the Mohawk River and is now contained within a National Landmark district. The village was first established in 1693 and the Mohawk community kept a small village here from 1755 to 1776. The village, which is known as Dekanohage was associated with the main upper Mohawk Castle that was located on Prospect Hill in the modern village of Fort Plain...