The Lewis-Weber Site: A Tucson Homestead

Part of the Archaeology of Lewis-Weber Site project

Author(s): Nancy T. Curriden

Year: 1981

Summary

An historic homestead was located in 1978 by survey at 123 E. Drachman, Tucson, Arizona, the construction site for the National Park

Service Western Archeological Center. All aboveground structures had

been demolished in 1962. This meant that the site's significance lay

solely in its potential to yield scientific information through the discovery

and excavation of any subsurface features remaining. The San

Francisco office of the General Services Administration was quickly

advised of this, and they responded with the necessary funds for archeological testing and data recovery.

Cite this Record

The Lewis-Weber Site: A Tucson Homestead. Nancy T. Curriden. Publications in Anthropology ,14. Tucson, Arizona: Western Archeological Center. 1981 ( tDAR id: 3964) ; doi:10.6067/XCV8QZ28RJ

This Resource is Part of the Following Collections

Temporal Coverage

Calendar Date: 1860 to 1950

Spatial Coverage

min long: -111.287; min lat: 32.038 ; max long: -110.675; max lat: 32.472 ;

Individual & Institutional Roles

Contributor(s): Nancy Hamblin; Christine Szuter; Bruce B. Huckell; Steven Danziger

File Information

  Name Size Creation Date Date Uploaded Access
pia-14-lewis-weber-site.pdf 9.42mb Oct 16, 2010 10:43:14 AM Public