tDAR Logo tDAR digital antiquity

Indian Hill Donation 1956

» Downloads & Basic Metadata

Summary

There is no report or documentation associated with these artifacts. Information on the original artifact bags state that the materials were collected from Mr. Paul Schmidt’s property on or near Indian Hill in Warrick County, Indiana, and donated by Mrs. William Ellerbusch of Newburgh, Indiana. The date, December 1956, may be either the date of collection or the date of donation.

The majority of items are human skeletal remains. Because of this, and because it is unknown how the single lithic artifact was found in relation to the human remains, the entire donation is being considered a Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation (NAGPRA)-related collection.

The digital materials in this project were processed by the Veterans Curation Program (VCP), and include the artifact database, artifact report, and finding aid. Additional digital materials held by the VCP include the box inventory, card stock inserts, GBL artifact inventory, GBL catalog, document folder listing, and initial data collection. For additional information on these materials, refer to the Finding Aid.


This Resource is Part of the Following Collections


Cite this Record

Indian Hill Donation 1956. ( tDAR id: 405531) ; doi:10.6067/XCV89K4D7H


Keywords


Spatial Coverage

min long: -87.485; min lat: 37.911 ; max long: -87.339; max lat: 38 ;

Individual & Institutional Roles

Contact(s): US Army Corps of Engineers Mandatory Center of Expertise for the Curation and Management of Archaeological Collections, St. Louis District

Contributor(s): Brockington and Associates, Inc.

Principal Investigator(s): Mrs. William Ellerbusch

Landowner(s): US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District

Sponsor(s): US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District ; US Army Corps of Engineers Mandatory Center of Expertise for the Curation and Management of Archaeological Collections, St. Louis District

Repository(s): Glenn A. Black Laboratory of Archaeology, Indiana University

Prepared By(s): Veterans Curation Program

Submitted To(s): US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District


Notes

General Note: The digital materials in this collection were processed by the Veterans Curation Program (VCP), and include the artifact database, artifact report, and finding aid. Additional digital materials held by the VCP include the box inventory, card stock inserts, GBL artifact inventory, GBL catalog, document folder listing, and initial data collection. For additional information on these materials, refer to the Finding Aid.


Source Collections

‘Indian Hill Donation 1956’ collection stored at Glenn A. Black Laboratory of Archaeology, Indiana University

Resources Inside this Project (Viewing 1-3 of 3)

Documents

  1. Artifact Report, Indian Hill Donation 1956 (2012)
    DOCUMENT [ID: 405533] Amy Williams.

    U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Louisville District archaeological collection was sent to the Veterans Curation Project’s (VCP) St. Louis laboratory in the fall of 2009. The VCP St. Louis laboratory was established by USACE St. Louis District’s Mandatory Center of Expertise for the Curation and Management of Archaeological Collections using American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 funds and staffed through Brockington and Associates. Human skeletal remains were removed from the...

  2. Finding Aid, Indian Hill Donation 1956 (2012)
    DOCUMENT [ID: 405532] Joshua Weigler.

    The Veterans Curation Program utilizes the standard archival practice of unique naming of collections. The purpose of this practice is to avoid redundant and confusing collection names commonly found with archaeological investigations. Therefore, this collection is referred to as “Indian Hill Donation 1956.” This name is consistent throughout the finding aid, the file folder, and the box labels. The extent of this collection is a quarter of a linear inch. The Glenn A. Black Laboratory of...

Datasets

  1. Artifact Database, Indian Hill Donation 1956 (2012)
    DATASET [ID: 405537] Veterans Curation Program.

    U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Louisville District archaeological collection was sent to the Veterans Curation Project’s (VCP) St. Louis laboratory in the fall of 2009. The VCP St. Louis laboratory was established by USACE St. Louis District’s Mandatory Center of Expertise for the Curation and Management of Archaeological Collections using American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 funds and staffed through Brockington and Associates. Human skeletal remains were removed from the...

Arizona State University The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation National Science Foundation National Endowment for the Humanities Society for American Archaeology Archaeological Institute of America