Archaeological Investigations of Camp Frazer, Cynthiana, Harrison County, Kentucky
Author(s): Brian Mabelitini
Camp Frazer was established by the Union Army in Cynthiana, Kentucky in September 1861. Built on the farm of Dr. Joel C. Frazer, this post typically garrisoned 900 soldiers. Archival research indicates that a brick structure on the Frazer farm was used by the army as a hospital before being burned by Confederate troops on July 17, 1862. Archaeological investigations located this structure along with numerous military items in situ within the destruction debris. This research sheds light on the military occupation and use of this site.
This Resource is Part of the Following Collections
Cite this Record
Archaeological Investigations of Camp Frazer, Cynthiana, Harrison County, Kentucky. Brian Mabelitini. Presented at Society for Historical Archaeology, Seattle, Washington. 2015 ( tDAR id: 433767)
min long: -129.199; min lat: 24.495 ; max long: -66.973; max lat: 49.359 ;