US Archaeology Data Science Session: National Science Foundation US-Serbia & West Balkan Data Science Workshop
This collection includes a copy of the report on US Archaeology panel summary report and follow-up comments. Several of the presentations also are included. The topics covered describe and comment on on data science issues as they relate to archaeology and the other disciplines represented at the workshop. The archaeology session report also presents suggestions regarding potential collaborative research involving US and Serbian and other West Balkan archaeologists.
The National Science Foundation US-Serbia & West Balkan Data Science Workshop was held in Belgrade, Serbia, 26-28 August 2018 (https://nsfserbia.rs/). The Data Science Workshop consisted of expert panels on data science foundations, mathematical research, big data critical infrastructure, bio-medical informatics, and archaeological research. The panelists addressed data science issues and themes as they are relevant for each of their disciplines. The US archaeology panel members addressed a variety of general data science topics as related to the particular objectives, constraints, and contributions of archaeological research from both general and specific research perspectives.
Data Management • Ecological Analysis • Quantitative Analysis • Ecological Adaptation • Quantitative Data Assessment • Digital Archaeological Information • Big Data • Best Practices for Digital Curation • Digital Data Methods and Techniques • Digital Curation, Data Sharing, Community Archaeology, Public Education
All Time Periods
United States of America (Country) • North America (Continent) • USA (Country) • Worldwide • Coahuila (State / Territory) • Oklahoma (State / Territory) • Texas (State / Territory) • Texas • Balkans • American Southwest
Resources Inside This Collection (Viewing 1-5 of 5)
- Documents (5)
- Archaeological Science, Archaeology of Science: Tools for Closing the Gap between Practice and Ideals (2018)
- Grand Challenges, Big Data, Fuzzy Data, and Digital Archaeology (2018)
- Grand Challenges, Big Data, Fuzzy Data, and Digital Archaeology: Integrating information about the past into the Planet Texas 2050 data platform (PowerPoint slides) (2018)
- More Data and More Computation but not Necessarily Less Theory: Assessing the Status and Near-Future Directions of Archaeology (2018)
- US Archaeology Data Science Workshop: Report from Workshop Track D National Science Foundation US-Serbia & West Balkan Data Science Workshop (2018)