1800s (Temporal Keyword)
1-7 (7 Records)
Brookgreen Plantation was one of the largest and most productive rice plantations in the United States prior to the Civil War. Owner Joshua John Ward held more than 1,000 Africans in slavery on this and his other plantations. The remains of Brookgreen Plantation are now a part of Brookgreen Gardens, an outdoor museum established in 1931 by Anna Hyatt Huntington. Brookgreen Gardens is expanding its public interpretation of the historic plantations on its property, including the lives of enslaved...
Brigham City Cemetery Arizona Site Steward File (1978)
This is an Arizona Site Steward file for the Brigham City Cemetery, in use by Mormon Pioneers of the United Order between 1876 and the 1880s, located on State Trust land. A petrified wood monument with a bronze plaque was erected on August 23, 1934, by the Latter Day Saints and the Utah Pioneer Trails and Landmarks Association. The file consists of a site data form, an Arizona state historic property inventory form, a National Register of Historic Places inventory nomination form, two maps of...
Kearny Campsite Arizona Site Steward File (1995)
This is an Arizona Site Steward file for the Kearny Campsite, comprised of one of Colonel Stephen Watts Kearny's 1846 Mexican-American War campsites, located on Bureau of Land Management land. The site is marked with a monument and plaque. The file consists of a site data form. The earliest dated document is from 1995.
Mission Santa Ana del Quiquib Arizona Site Steward File (1974)
This is an Arizona Site Steward file for the Mission Santa Ana del Quiquib, comprised of a mission and village in use by the Spanish and Papago between the 1790s and 1850, located on Bureau of Land Management land. The file consists of an antiquities site inventory form. The earliest dated document is from 1974.
North Stanton Arizona Site Steward File (1998)
This is an Arizona Site Steward file for the North Stanton, comprised of historical building foundations with accompanying artifact scatter, located on Bureau of Land Management land. The site may indicate early historical Euroamerican use followed by Native American reoccupation, possibly Yavapai. The file consists of a site data form, four maps of the site location, and cultural resource inventory site and site environment forms. The earliest dated document is from 1980.
A Phase One Archaeological Survey of the Beach and Near Shore Areas at St. Mary's City, St. Mary's County, Maryland (2001)
This resource is a citation record only, the Center for Digital Antiquity does not have a copy of this document. The information in this record has been migrated into tDAR from the National Archaeological Database Reports Module (NADB-R) and updated. Most NADB-R records consist of a document citation and other metadata but do not have the documents themselves uploaded. If you have a digital copy of the document and would like to have it curated in tDAR, please contact us at email@example.com.
A Report Concerning Archaeological Monitoring of a Utilities Trench Undertaken at Tubac Presidio State Historic Park (ARIZ:DD:8:33) March, 1992 (1992)
During March of 1992 a small scale investigation involving archaeological monitoring was undertaken in connection with the creation of a utility trench in an area located between the Captain 's House and the post chapel at the Presidio of Tubac site. The work conducted included monitoring of the excavation of the trench and the creation of a series of profile drawings of the stratigraphy exposed. Because of rainy conditions a collection of artifacts was made from the soils disturbed by earth...